Shelter Operations and Management Concept
Our clients can enjoy the benefits of a highly skilled, well educated workforce at a competitive hourly rate.
The shelter provides experienced management and an ISO 9001:2008 quality management system under which the clients products are manufactured. The client’s responsibility is to get their material and equipment to Brownsville, TX. From this point IAI assumes the responsibility for importing their equipment and raw material into Matamoros, Mexico, and exporting their finished product back to Brownsville, TX.
The client is provided with trained, certified personnel to manufacture their products in a controlled environment. The management staff is responsible for maintaining the manufacturing environment to “World Class” standards and insuring that the operations comply to all legal, environmental and safety regulations in Mexico. It is having your own division in Mexico without the cost associated with a greenfield startup.
International Assembly Inc. is a management company that provides clients with excellent service, facilities, required salary personnel, direct labor, and infrastructure to produce their products in a ISO 9001:2008 control manufacturing facility in Mexico.
Our service includes; US and Mexico customs consulting, US and Mexico Logistics management, a control environment to transfer technology, materials and necessary equipment across the U.S./Mexico border. In the US IAI supplies their clients with warehouse services.
Using our ISO 9001:2008 quality management system we provide guidance to insure your success in Mexico.
IAI Shelter services are as follows:
Import Logistics to Mexico
- Receipt of raw material and equipment that arrives from our customer to our warehouse in Brownsville, Tx
- We are the importer/exporter of record with the Mexican Customs, saving money by dividing the costs with the clients using the services.
- Creation of Commercial Invoices and other necessary documents for imports
- Maintenance of commercial invoice records for imports
- Notifications of receipt of damaged import shipments or discrepancies
- Certificate of origin maintenance assistance
- Assistance with documentation of hazardous materials
- Compliance with all Mexican government reporting requirements
- Specific client analysis and reports
- Creation of commercial Invoices and necessary export documents
- Maintenance of Commercial Invoice records for exports
- Notification of receipt of damaged export shipments
- Certificate of Origin maintenance assistance
- Customs broker coordination if necessary
- In-bond shipment coordination
- Assistance with scrap transfers from Mexico back into the U.S.
- Specific client analyses and reports
- Recruitment, screening, and pre-selection of direct and salaried personnel
- New hire testing and orientation
- Personnel management
- Records maintenance
- Labor contracts and statistics
- Safety and Environmental compliance
- Possible redeployment of personnel if necessary
- Employee and Labor Relations management including counseling and training
- Facility improvements
- Preventative maintenance and repair
- Sanitary supplies
- Pest control services
- Janitorial services
- Property insurance assistance
- Worker benefit calculations and reporting
- Electronic oversight of employee attendance
- Weekly payroll preparation
- Overtime calculations
- payments and reporting
- Reporting and record keeping for the above, and: National Housing Fund (Infonavit)
National Workers Credit Fund (Fonacot)
Retirement Savings Fund (SAR)
Mexican Social Security (IMSS)
US/Mexico Regulatory Compliance
- We monitor continuously local, state, and federal levels of Mexican Government, as well as of local, state, and national maquiladora associations
- We comply with all Mexican government reporting requirements
- Compliance with U.S. Export/Import logistics through close cooperation with the U.S. Customs Department and with knowledgeable U.S. customs brokers
- Networking technology – intranet, internet access, communications
- Consultation services
- Customer service and support
- Assistance with work permits
- Advice and coordinate U.S. and Mexican Customs. We are the importer and exporter of record. We will save you time and money
- Coordinate Mexican Labor and Legal Issues
- We have and expert opinion on doing business and setting up operations in Mexico
Accounting and Taxes
- All Mexican corporate and Customs accounting is made by us
- Our invoicing will be custom made to be compatible with your cost accounting
- Routine and urgent care services
- Preventive health care
- On-site medical care when appropriate
- Prescription drugs will be dispensed w/o charge doctor’s treatment
Order completion Services
- Based upon the customer’s requirement, we will fulfill orders
- Label orders per the customer’s freight requirement
- Arrange for delivery to the freight carrier. All from our Mexican facility.